Thursday, May 22, 2008

first day of tafe

on the first day of tafe we had to draw up a scale drawing of our step ladder. after we had done that we had to do an invoice and cutting sheet. then we began marking out and cutting the legs of the step ladder.

day 2

we continued making our step ladder. i finished cutting out the front legs. Next i marked and chiseled out the grooves in the legs for the step to sit. Then i cut out the steps and plained down the backs. after my steps were made i drilled holes and screwed my steps into the legs. I then marked out my top and cut it to size and chisel out the groves which it sits on.














day 3

day three was in the workshop again. i fit my top on my ladder to start off with, by using four screws to hold it. i then started cutting my legs to size. i marked out where i needed to round off one side and started cutting the corners off. then i took it over to the belt sander and rounded the rest off smoothly. after that i got the angles using a bevel to draw the angle that the feet were to be cut on. then i cut them using a hacksaw.
i then bolted on the back legs and started cutting the back braces. i fitted the back braces with screws and a drill and then made my leg support. when i had connected the leg support that was the last step before sanding.

No comments: