Tuesday, March 11, 2008

progress
In the past three days i have started making my saw stool.
First i drew a plan of my saw stool to scale. i used a set square, a tape, a ruler, a pencil and a bevel for the angles. i managed to get through this pretty easily without any problems.
Next thing i did was made some practice legs and fitted it to a practice body. to do that i had to use my bevel to get the right angles for the grooves in the legs. i used a saw and a chisel to cut it out. at first i found the steps confusing but after some advice i managed to complete the test leg.
When i was confident with the practice stool i started making my proper one. after i marked out all of the correct angles i then chiseled and hacksawed to cut out the groves.
after my tops of my legs were complete i started marking out the body. this was abit confusing because there is opposite sides. when i get this checked my next step will be to cut out the grooves for it.

No comments: